Tuesday, March 11, 2014

WRITING, SPELLED WITH A SILENT 'RE'

Sorry about the lack of action round here, folks. I'm bang up against an editorial deadline for Magit and Bugrat-- Magwitch and Bugrat with editorial feedback regards naming conventions applied-- and haven't much time in my off hours for anything else. After an edit-heavy weekend, in which the entire structure of the novel was revamped, and chapter one was disassembled, scattered throughout the rest of the novel and reassembled, I've completed the first round of edits and inputs and am now just smoothing out the seams and bumps that such a major edit usually leaves. It'll be back in the hands of the editors by the end of the week and then you and I can sit and chat.

Except that I've got to get Father Muerte & the Divine to Agent Rich. But I'm just about done with those edits and I reckon I'll have them to him by, what, mid next-week. Then we can sit and chat.

Except I have to rewrite Cirque and add the 35 000 words it needs to get it finished and sent to Agent Rich because it's on my goals list for this year and I don;t want to spend the entire goddamn year just editing: I actually want to write some new words if it's all right with everyone. But after that....

After that, we can chat.

Unless I start work on something else.

No comments: