Thursday, August 29, 2013

THUMBNAIL THURSDAY HATES THE ELDERLY

I hate the idea of growing old. I'm not vain about it. It's not the greying hair or the deepening of wrinkles that bother me. It's the weakness. The infirmity. The slowness. The failing of body and spirit. I see it in myself now and I hate it with a passion. I have achieved nothing of note in my supposedly best years. what chanc of achievement when my mind and body are fragile, wasted shells?

All those stories where immortal people angst on about what they've lost and how terrible their extended lives are? Wah, wah, shut the fuck up.

Which is my introduction to this cartoon about a stair lift. Enjoy.

"What's say we open this baby up and see what she can really do?"

1 comment:

Satima Flavell said...

Yup, rip 'er right open! Full race, double overhead cam chair lift ...

There are many times every day when I wish the body was forty years younger. Having just started dance teaching again after a gap of twenty-odd years, I've discovered arthritis in my feet.

Great. I'm trying to look on the bright side. At least arthritis in the feet won't stop me from writing...

Nice worldbuilding piece, Lee. :-)