Tuesday, March 26, 2013

LOVING THE DEAD

Another biffo review of Marching Dead has been posted over at Book Snobbery, all the more happifying as reviewer SJ announces herself enamoured after not quite loving The Corpse-Rat King as much as she'd hoped, especially noting some of the best fantasy worldbuilding I've ever encountered in a very long time... and tons of laughs, many of them of the uncomfortable variety.


She also says she'd desperate for someone else to read the book so she has someone to discuss it with, so you'll all be pleased to know that US/Canadian and e-book versions are released TOMORROW.

As Jesus said to the apostles at the first all-Jerusalem Ostrich wrestling championships, get on it, my darlings!



(This is one of my all-time favourite paintings: Reg Mombassa's Skeleton trying to have sex with a fence (Skeletons have no eyes so it is easy for them to mistake a fence for a lady skeleton). It has nothing to do with Marching Dead, even though the book actually does feature skeleton sex. I just think it's great. It's reproduced here without any sort of permission from the artist on the assumption that he'll forgive me because I think he's so cool. If you're still reading this, stop and go buy my book, dammit!)

No comments: