Tuesday, November 06, 2012

NANO NANO NANO NANO BATMAAAAN!!!!!

It's November, that time of the year which should be all about my birthday but is instead all about everybody else's birthday, Americans playing spin-the-bottle-win-a-fuckwit, my day job providing umpty millions of opportunities for all the other writers in the region to get their wordfreak on, and me running around trying to please everybody and getting fuck all done on the personal front.

Except, of course, that I got me two weeks holidays, so suck on that, hidden Overlords of the Universe. Coz I get to stay home all day and do Nanowrimo, at least until next Wednesday.

Angry Robot duties are in abeyance for the moment-- Marching Dead has been delivered and I'm quietly waiting for the edits to come back and ruin my Christmas-- so I've turned my attention back to Father Muerte & The Divine, with a self-imposed brief to have the bastard finished by the end of the month and a synopsis package in the hands of my agent in time to ruin his Christmas by making him sell the damned thing for me.

6 days in, I've managed 15 000 words. Helps to have time off and a project you're already 50 000 words into, no?

Right now it's my usual melange of weird, unrelated shit, pummelled together without rhyme nor reason in the hope that not too many bits fall off once the editing starts: time travelling Benito Mussolinis; intelligent dinosaur ghosts; the Fall of Lucifer; the Red Baron's previously unknown fetish for post World War I biplanes; rain cycles; pareidolia; the stone of Scone; the hive mind of children; philosopher's stones; live human skinning; and 4 dimensional Maxwell's Demons abound, there's still another 30 or 40 000 word to go.

As Cupid Stunt would say, it's all done in the best POSSible taste!


Anyway, for those who'd like to play word count progress bingo, some cute little widgets, courtesy of nano:




No comments: