Wednesday, June 18, 2008

BOOKS UP THE WAZOO!

It never rains but it pours books, which is why you have to carry a heavy duty umbrella......

No sooner does my contributor copy of Aurealis 40 arrive in the mail than I come home from work last night to find that the Clarionite of Cool, Peter M Ball, in happiness at how much we loved his last mail-gift, has sent us another Etgar Keret volume, The Bus Driver Who Wanted to Be God and Other Stories. Luscious, in response to a conversation earlier in the day, has returned from the library with a Will Self book for me to sample (Dorian, for those who might be interested). And to top it all off, a big box marked 'Harper Collins' arrived, containing two contributor copies of Dreaming Again, ready for me to riffle through, sniff, and rub all over my naked body!

And lookie here: me with a day off work today :)

1 comment:

Adam Browne said...

Hey, just read your Dreaming story - it's amazing - really great - congratulations.

Adam B