Sunday, November 06, 2005

THE BESTEST BIRTHDAY EVER

First: it happened a week early: my birthday's not really until next Friday.
Second: Luscious, who has a limited experience of birthdays due to previous spiritual commitments, became terribly excited and organised a few friends to surprise me with an unheralded fling at Timezone.
Third: I worked out what she was up to days ago and have had the time of my life winding her up without her knowing it.
Fourth: We picked the Triffkids up from their father's place, went out to Timezone, where we were joined by Calli & Chesh, Martin & Dr Izz, Splanky, Mynxii, PRK & Tori, and preceded to laugh our asses off at game after game for an hour of silly, wacky fun. (For the record, I am the undisputed air-hockey king of my mind: PRK, Luscious & Cassie are my air-hockey bitches...).
Fifth: Martin & Dr Izz gave me the Umbilical Brothers DVD and Blakey presented me with a little Anubis-headed storage jar which he'd filled with lavender, in the coolest Kid-to-Bonus Dad present moment ever.
Sixth: my kids and my adult friends got on today better than I've ever seen a mixed adult-kid group get on, right up to the multiple swapping of ticket cards so people could get the tacky prizes we all wanted. Super special mention to Tori, who presented Madagascar-obsessed Erin with a stuffed Marty. We've been unable to prise it off her, and all other toys have been relegated to the foot of the bed tonight...
Last: We finished off by heading into Northbridge for lunch, with ensuing conversation, laughter, ice-cream and fun.

It was just the sort of suprise birthday I needed. I love my wife more than I ever thought possible, and days like today are part of the reason why.

A PRESENT TO MYSELF (WELL, FROM ME TO YOU. WELL, FROM SHADOWED REALMS TO ME. WELL....)

My story Decimated is up at Shadowed Realms, in their brand spanking new issue 8. Go, read it, save me the embarrassment of trying to find a tagline for the title to this post.

WTF?

You scored as Lara Croft. A thrill-seeking, slightly unscrupulous, tough-as-nails archaeologist, Lara Croft travels the world in search of ancient relics perhaps better left hidden. She packs two Colt .45s and has no fear of jumping off buildings, exploring creepy tombs, or taking on evil meglomaniacs bent on world domination.

Lara Croft

83%

Batman, the Dark Knight

75%

Maximus

63%

Captain Jack Sparrow

58%

Neo, the "One"

50%

Indiana Jones

46%

William Wallace

46%

El Zorro

42%

James Bond, Agent 007

33%

The Amazing Spider-Man

33%

The Terminator

17%

Which Action Hero Would You Be? v. 2.0
created with QuizFarm.com


I've not seen the movies, played the games, or paid the slightest bit of attention. How the sodding hell did this happen?


Song of the moment: The White Room Cream

No comments: