Tuesday, February 17, 2004

RESEARCH

Got down and dirty with a couple of research books for the novel today. If I was working for the man, lying around on a couch all day reading books would be lazy, but when you're a writer... :) Hello workers, hope you enjoyed your day!

One of the biggest frustrations I have at the moment is finding good sources to tell me about Napoleon Bonaparte's youth. As much stuff as I could possibly want about Napoleon the man, the General, the Emperor, the ice-cream salesman... the square root of bugger all about Napoleon the teenager. Which is, as I'm setting the story between the ages of 16 and somewhere around 21, a bit of a bugger.

So if anybody's found anything useful talking about this period of the little fella's life, there's a place in the novel's acknowledgements page if you contact me and tell me.

No comments: